- ADVANZ PHARMA releases its 2022-2023 ESG report highlighting its sustained progress on environmental, social, and governance topics.
- The report is structured across the three key pillars that are closely linked with the Company’s strategic priorities: focusing on patients’ needs; ensuring sustainable and responsible operations and growth; and developing our people.
- ADVANZ PHARMA has committed to quantitative targets related to carbon emissions, supplier engagement, and gender balance in the workforce.
London, UK – 01/09/2023: - ADVANZ PHARMA Corp. Limited (“ADVANZ PHARMA” or “the Company”), a UK headquartered global pharmaceutical company with a strategic focus on speciality, hospital and rare disease medicines in Europe, Canada, and Australia, is pleased to announce the release of its latest Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) report, outlining ADVANZ PHARMA’s dedication to environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and ethical practices.
The 2022-2023 ESG report reflects ADVANZ PHARMA's continuous effort to enhance its ESG performance across all areas of its operations. Over the past year, the company has been reshaping its sustainability strategy, resulting in its ESG roadmap being managed across three key pillars:
- Focusing on patients' needs
- Ensuring sustainable, responsible operations
- Growing and developing our people
Key achievements highlighted in the report include:
- Focusing on patients' needs: In its mission to improve patients' lives, ADVANZ PHARMA undertakes various activities focused on providing new or enhanced treatment options and holistic support to patients and healthcare professionals. ADVANZ PHARMA has also recently joined the AMR Industry Alliance to collaborate on finding sustainable solutions to curb antimicrobial resistance and support the appropriate use of antibiotics.
- Ensuring sustainable and responsible operations and growth: The company is focusing this year on conducting a comprehensive review of its environmental footprint. The target of halving its Scopes 1 and 2 (market-based) emissions by 2030 versus the 2022 baseline1 has been set. The company is also working on its Scope 3 baseline to lay the foundation for future commitments and actively engaging with supply chain partners on this topic (already 70% in volume) and on ESG more broadly.
- Developing our people: As a certified Great Place to work®, ADVANZ PHARMA was delighted to be ranked among the UK's best workplaces for wellbeing in 2022. To further foster and promote gender diversity, the company aims to have women represented in 40% to 60% of the C-suite (achieved), leadership and management by 2030.
Steffen Wagner, CEO of ADVANZ PHARMA, said, "Our ESG roadmap is closely linked with our strategic priorities and growth journey, putting patients' needs and our people even more at the core while reinforcing the resilience and sustainability of our business. This reshaped ESG strategy is guided by our purpose – improving patients' lives by providing specialty, hospital and rare disease medicines they depend on – and our core values – entrepreneurship, speed and integrity."
The release of ADVANZ PHARMA's latest ESG report reinforces the company's commitment, transparency, and accountability in pursuing its ESG goals.
The full ESG report can be found here
1 Baseline to be adjusted upon transformative M&A (including a full year impact of the ex-US Intercept acquisition)